Ground Beef themed Freezer Meal Ideas
- plain browned meat frozen in meal-sized portions (usually 1 lb.) - great for adding to soups, stews, chilis, etc.
- taco seasoned browned meat
- sloppy joe seasoned browned meat
- meatballs (I make big ones with my hamburger recipe and defrost them in the microwave for 45 seconds for a quick high-protein snack)
- meatloaf or mini-meatloaf (made in mini bread pans or even muffin tins)
I have had success with cooking and freezing all of the above. To help avoid freezer burn, be sure to cool (on a rack, when possible) in the fridge before putting it in freezer bags (this helps diminish the surface moisture). Get out as much of the air as you can before sealing it. Use within 3 months.