Friday, December 12, 2008

Overnight Bath Makeover

This is a great cleaning tip I learned from my friend Becky's mom when I was a newlywed. Do it at night before you go to bed and it will be ready for you when you shower in the morning.
First, you need strips of a thin lightweight fabric (such as an old dress shirt or sheet). You can snip the edges and tear off several strips (about 8-10 in. long). Soak the strips in a bucket with a bit of bleach. Add a little water if needed. Make sure the entire strip is moistened.
BEFORE: (yes this is gross, I hadn't cleaned it in a while!)Using gloves to protect your hands, press bleach-soaked strips onto grout. Smooth on. If you use a nice lightweight fabric it will stick to the wall, even vertically. Cover all the nasty black stuff on your grout and leave overnight.
I had to take the picture one-handed, so I show the easiest part here
In the morning, remove the strips (with gloves)
AFTER: Quite an improvement, don't you think?! Repeat on trouble spots if necessary.

No comments: