- various sizes of small boxes (if you wish)
- paper for wrapping
- candy and/or small prizes
- note cards with instructions*
- (music for playing)
Before the party, you will be making a mega-package:
- The innermost layer is a small prize for ending the game.
- Wrap it up.
- On the outside you can tape a note/candy/small prize. (A prize is not necessary for each layer!)
- Then wrap again.
- REPEAT as many times as you wish, using various boxes to nest the parcel. (make sure there are enough for all the guests to do it once or twice!)
*Note card Instruction Ideas: (Get creative!)
- Everyone stand up and do 10 jumping jacks.
- Here are 3 pieces of candy for you and your two neighbors.
- Everyone wearing blue stand up and do a birthday dance for the birthday child.
- Everyone with brown eyes run around the group and switch to a new seat.
- Everyone Sing "Happy Birthday"
- Put an adult in charge of starting/stopping music and another in charge of collecting wrapping.
- Explain to children that they must pass the parcel clockwise when the music plays.
- When the music stops, whoever is holding it will unwrap a layer and can keep the prize and/or read directions from the note.
- The game continues until the final prize is unwrapped.
Make sure you have a garbage bag for all the layers!
Thanks Sara and Kristen for the great game!